Andrew’s interest in the sport of triathlon started at the end of high school with inspiration from a few outgoing teachers. After heading to university, he began to train competitively, accelerating his interest in and love of the sport. Over the past couple years, he has been training with the varsity teams at York University, working hard to excel in both sport and his studies. Andrew holds an undergraduate degree in Kinesiology, and is currently working on a master’s degree in Fitness Science. Training with the varsity teams continues to promote his development and growth as an athlete
Andrew's studies take priority and he has decided to race this year as an Age Group Elite athlete with the aspiration of racing Pro as a future endeavor. Although he will compete mainly at Sprint and Olympic distances, he has planned a couple of half iron and longer distances races for the upcoming season.
His passion and love of the sport is clear and he has welcomed the opportunity to share his wealth of information, training and experience with our newly developing youth group at Mettle Multisport Triathlon Club.
- Third overall MSC series elite age group and pro (2012/2013)
- Second overall MSC series elite age group and pro (2014)
- Consistent podium finisher in MSC races (2012-2014)
- Overall race winner (Binbrook 2012, Huronia 2014, Wasaga 2014)
- MSC development/Ambassador team member 2013/2014